5 Must Haves in Email Campaign Software
Making a decision between email campaign software providers can be tricky and time consuming. At this point there are literally dozens of different options, all of which promise up and down that they are the most affordable, the most functional and the most successful. However, how are you really supposed to make this difficult decision? Pay attention to these 5 things your email campaign software must have.
1. Automatic Unsubscribe Service – Not only is dealing with every unsubscribe request manually a time consuming chore, but you may end up missing a few requests and landing yourself in big trouble. There’s no sense in worrying about this when the majority of providers have automatic unsubscribe services built in to their list management capabilities.
2. Email List Management – In addition to the above, you should also have further list management options at your disposal. These include the ability to sort and segment your list based on a variety of different factors. You may, for example, want to quickly find all of the people who clicked through to your site from your last email, and send them a specific message. Or you may want to target people within 20 miles of your physical location with a special in-store discount. Whatever you may need to do, you’ll want to have these email list management capabilities at your disposal.
3. Tracking Services – Beginning a new email campaign isn’t going to get you very far if you don’t have any way to track how your emails are performing. You don’t to have this valuable information at hand and easily available so you can determine your various messages are being received, how they are being perceived and if people are ultimately taking the action you want them to be taking.
4. Autoresponder – An autoresponder is a crucial component to your email campaign software. It’s going to allow you to build your list so that you can find new prospects and eventually convert them into returning customers and clients. Any email program that does not offer this is seriously lacking. The only reason you wouldn’t need this is if you don’t have any kind of website or blog presence whatsoever.
5. Additional Features – There are a variety of different features and add-ons you may be interested in having along with basic emailing services. For example, most providers offer a variety of templates based around different themes and message types. Many email service providers also include surveying options, which opens up an entirely new world of possibilities. Consider what else you may be interested in and find a provider that offers it.
These aren’t the only things you need to consider, but finding an email campaign software provider that has these 5 elements will ensure you are investing in a quality service.