5 Steps to Better Market Research with Satisfaction Survey Software
Satisfaction survey software can help you conduct top notch market research that makes professional statistical companies envious. All of the answers lie at your fingertips with customer service software. Survey results can reveal everything you could ever want, to help improve conversions, to make your customers happier and ultimately to focus your business in the best direction possible for growth and success.
Many small businesses are at a loss when it comes to making improvements in their performance. It’s not necessarily a lack of caring or effort either. More likely, it’s a lack of understanding- understanding where the problems really lie and understanding how to improve on those weak spots. Making good use of the best satisfaction survey software will easily allow you to come to a quick understanding of what you need to do.
Here’s a quick step by step guide to help get you started with customer service software. Survey your customers and prospects, respond accordingly and continue to adjust.
1. Understand why satisfaction survey software is superior – It’s not like the concept of surveying customers and prospects is a new one. It’s that the technology today has made it profoundly easier for you to take on the task by yourself without spending a fortune.
The benefits to using the best survey software companies are vast. Mainly, you will be saving a great deal of time and effort as opposed to other surveying methods. You’ll also get more honest responses as the online platform allows people to be more free and honest without fear of retribution or awkwardness.
2. Ask the right questions – Generally speaking, the more specific you get with the questions you ask the better the results that you’ll see with your customer service software. Survey results depend on participants being steered as clearly as possible into talking about specific occasions or factors.
An ineffective survey would be comprised of questions like “Describe your recent purchasing experience.” An effective survey would break that one question down into more specific questions: “How would you rate the speed of delivery?” “Was the condition of the product up to standards?” “Was the product what you expected?” “Do you feel that you paid a fair price for the product” and so forth.
3. Ask the right people – Many small businesses make the mistake of asking the wrong people for information. You might want to have several different survey groups to help you diagnose different areas. The groups could be as general as customers and prospects, or you could get much more specific.
For example, customers could be broken down into recent one time customers, multiple purchasers, multiple but recently inactive purchasers and so forth. The group you choose of course has to reflect the questions you want answered and the information you want revealed.
4. Spot trends – Some people have a tendency to overreact to each individual survey response. Don’t go and change your entire business model because one client was unsatisfied with one element of your service. Wait until you get many results for the same survey which will allow you to spot overall trends and baseline opinions. In other word’s, don’t have a knee jerk reaction to every response, whether it’s positive or negative. Wait until trends develop and you gain a more complete understanding of the situation.
5. Make necessary adjustments – Now that you have all of this information don’t waste it. Make the necessary adjustments to your business based on the results of the survey. Is your website a mess? Are your email campaigns off target? Is the quality of your product slipping? Whatever it is, listen to your customers and your prospects and you’ll be able to provide them with an improved experience.
You don’t need expensive marketing companies to conduct high quality primary market research. Delve into the world of customer service software. Survey results done in this fashion will provide everything you need at a far lowered cost than other, more traditional methods.
Don’t forget about our Race to 50 New RSS Subscribers with a chance to win a free B2B email marketing consulting package.